Youngest Daughter (53) of 3. One Older Sister & One Older Brother.

by Loretta
(Modesto, Ca, U.S.A)

My sister is conservator of our mom. Her & I live in the same county. She cares for our mom 80% (in her small home). My domestic partner of 20 years & I only care for my mom the other 20%. We have the largest home.....3bedroom - 2 bath. Two of our three son's two have grown & moved on. The one son that lives with us is 23years old & is Mentally Retarded.


Him & mom get along fine. The problem is our brother. He lives about a one hour drive away,& he never want's to see mom, visit her, etc. Our father died at the young age of 54, 20+ yrs ago from Cancer. We all cared for dad, but my brother was 100% devoted to his care. His marriage of 30years ended at the same time mom got sick. It's been over a year since and still he acts like our mom just takes up space. He say's "If I spend time with her it won't make her better".

I believe my brother has some fear & say's "she won't remember". I told him she might not know when your there, but she knows when your not. She yells and swears at my sister & I, and treat us like dirt. ALL THE TIME. When she speaks to my brother, she is sweet, understanding, doesn't argue. He not easy to talk to, it's his way of push you away. Mom always and only asks for him, and it's not cause he's the missing piece. It's her only pride & joy.

I spent more time with her than my sister or brother. My parents divorced when I was 12. My father told us we were going to live with him. I asked him if I could stay with my mom. He agreed.

The thought of her being alone broke my heart. Bad idea, if I knew then what I know now.I want my brother to feed her love for him.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Elder Care Anger and Resentment.


Home | Site Map | About | Contact | Privacy Policy | Disclosure

© Copyright evSky Incorporated 2008-2017 | All Rights Reserved


Eldercare for

Aging Parents

Are you having a difficult time with being the "Caregiver" for Mom and Dad?

Click Here to Read What Others are Saying and Leave a Comment About Your Own Experiences....

Or Start your Own Discussion Page!

Recent Articles

  1. Part Time Caretaker Becoming Full Time Caretaker Next Week

    Nov 14, 17 09:23 AM

    We moved my mom into a nearby senior apartment back in 2012 due to a small stroke. At that time she was still driving and fairly independent. Fast forward

    Read More

  2. Terrible Feeling! Trapped no Win Situation

    Nov 07, 17 09:37 AM

    My mother is 92 years of age and she has always been controlling. Since my fathers death 3 years ago she has constantly complained that I used to come

    Read More

  3. A True Narcissist...

    Nov 01, 17 02:30 PM

    There is no content for a narcissist except the kind that will suck you in. Living with one is a total mind screw where you always end up the bad guy.A

    Read More