Mother's Fair Haired Child

by Pam

I am 58. My brother is 53. Mother is 81, sick, elderly, and I am the only caregiver. My brother does nothing but want his land and money NOW. He has been thru 200,000 dollars thus far. He is after more.

How can I stop him when mother has made him power of attorney, Medical Power of Attorney, etc. She feels sorry for him cause he is worthless. I finally had enough care giving for five years and told her he could take care of her from now on .

I was trying to protect her assets for she said he was now wanting the money that makes her income monthly. There has to be something to stop him. I cannot and will not declare her incompetent. I just can't do that to Mom.

Comments for Mother's Fair Haired Child

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Lawyer Time
by: Anonymous

So Sorry for your circumstances! I take care of both of my parents since 2009. I have a question for you. I just recently did the power & medical attorney .

My mom and dad had a will but they didn't have that, my dad was told he was going to die in 2 weeks if he didn't have surgery for his cancer & blockage of his stomach. But he had surgery that's another story.

The reason I'm asking we went to the lawyer and had all that set up for me being the power of attorney . Our lawyer said we needed to have another person who they trusted in case something happen to me.

So we chose my twin.

Another thing they had to have all that typed up and we had to go back and sign. But my dad was so sick at that time. I called them and they came to my parents house. The lawyer and 2 witness. Then they took each one in a different room and talked to them. I couldn't even stay in the room.

What state are you in? This is South Carolina. I hope this helps. Something's not right! Praying for you!!!

Get a lawyer
by: Anonymous

Check into the elder abuse laws of your state. This is illegal

Power Of Attorney's are revocable
by: Anonymous

Does your mother understand what he is doing? Does she want him to take her monthly income? If not, she needs to revoke the power of attorney now.

Did she have a good lawyer? The lawyer for your mother cannot represent your Power Of Attorney brother as well. Go talk with the attorney who set up this Power Of Attorney.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Elder Care Anger and Resentment.

Home | Site Map | About | Contact | Privacy Policy | Disclosure

© Copyright evSky Incorporated 2008-2019 | All Rights Reserved

Eldercare for

Aging Parents

Are you having a difficult time with being the "Caregiver" for Mom and Dad?

Click Here to Read What Others are Saying and Leave a Comment About Your Own Experiences....

Or Start your Own Discussion Page!

Recent Articles

  1. Need help with negative complaining mother

    Dec 28, 20 12:23 PM

    My mother is 93, in good health, no major heath issues, totally ambulatory. When my father died 6 years ago we found her a beautiful independent senior

    Read More

  2. Ugh!!

    Dec 28, 20 12:21 PM

    So I lost my mom 18 months ago. After her passing I would come to my parents house to clean and cook a couple of times a week for my dad. He still gets

    Read More

  3. 16yrs of Elderly care with NO HELP

    Dec 28, 20 12:18 PM

    I came back home in 2004 to help my dad as he had cancer, he eventually passed away few years later. Well here I am am in 2020 still at home taking care

    Read More