by Suzanne
(South Carolina )

I have been living with my father for the past 5 years since my mom died with my 5 year old son.

He was born the same year 2009 that my mom died.

I was never close to my father. My mom was my best friend. I have a twin sister and an older sister who aren't around. My son is the only grandchild.

I have had 3 spinal fusion surgeries since my the birth of my son and my father suffered a heart attack last year. We have taken care of each other with the help of my stepsister on my mom's side.

My father is a very controlling man and has controlled me financially selling my home in Florida 3 yrs ago that I had lived in for 14 yrs also the house my son called home. My father promised my mom on her death bed that he would put it in my name so my son and I wouldn't have to worry.

She knew him well they were married 45 yrs. She passed away he sold the house. No surprise there!

We continue to argue and I have left many times due to the unhealthy environment for my son. He always convinces us to come back. Doesn't care about me only his grandson!

When we left last time he went as far as to call the police and try to say I'm an unfit mother. Didn't work. The one thing I am is a great mother. Again I went back.

He knows me and my compassionate side. What do you say when your father says "I don't think I could go on living without you and Dylan". He means Dylan, I of course again by into it.

Every time I try to move forward get a job etc. He says "no Suzie you don't need to do that, you need to recover from your surgeries. I can pay for everything"(control as always).

My fault, I keep going back. We are isolated in the mountains of South Carolina. Tonight, my father and I got in a bad fight and my son was crying and he loves his grandpa but I asked my father to quit screaming or I would call the police because he was upsetting my son, of course he said go ahead.

I didn't and don't want my father to go to jail. What can I do? Legally what our my options?

I thought about calling the police and asking but haven't yet. In Florida if you reside in a home and get your mail there you can't be kicked out.

This address is on my drivers license car registered, etc almost 6 yrs. I want out and am making arrangements but what can I do legally?

Should I report incident to police? Anyone's help advice would be appreciated. Thank you and happy holidays to all. Yours truly.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Elder Care Anger and Resentment.

Home | Site Map | About | Contact | Privacy Policy | Disclosure

© Copyright evSky Incorporated 2008-2019 | All Rights Reserved

Eldercare for

Aging Parents

Are you having a difficult time with being the "Caregiver" for Mom and Dad?

Click Here to Read What Others are Saying and Leave a Comment About Your Own Experiences....

Or Start your Own Discussion Page!

Recent Articles

  1. Need help with negative complaining mother

    Dec 28, 20 12:23 PM

    My mother is 93, in good health, no major heath issues, totally ambulatory. When my father died 6 years ago we found her a beautiful independent senior

    Read More

  2. Ugh!!

    Dec 28, 20 12:21 PM

    So I lost my mom 18 months ago. After her passing I would come to my parents house to clean and cook a couple of times a week for my dad. He still gets

    Read More

  3. 16yrs of Elderly care with NO HELP

    Dec 28, 20 12:18 PM

    I came back home in 2004 to help my dad as he had cancer, he eventually passed away few years later. Well here I am am in 2020 still at home taking care

    Read More