Elderly Parents Care Information for Boomers with Aging Parents
Information for Boomers on Elderly Parents Care at your Fingertips.
This site is dedicated to all children who care for their parents. During the past several years we have come to understand the joy and at the same time the very anxious feelings we get that being a “parent to a parent” can really bring.
The day to day decision making as well as all of the details that were not part of your life before that have become yours to work through developing the best care for your parents.
Why is this Elderly Parents Care Website Here?
We also know that because we are the fortunate ones to provide care for our parents we want to provide that care the best way we can.
The double duty of having two households and children to take care of, in addition to earning a living can be a daunting task.
We finally realized that information was one of the keys to survival (many subjects on elderly parent care can be found on the right hand navigation bar) and that searching for information we did not know existed added to our stress and confusion. It is with this thought in mind that we created this web site.
Our website on elderly care strives to bring to those who care for their parents the information needed to help in day to day life.
This site is dedicated to you, the chosen one.
We write and do research on multiple subjects weekly for relevant information as we know with your responsibilities it is difficult to take the time to do adequate research.
Sometimes it can be more reaction than action with your current situation and care for your elderly parent.
As they say “One less thing…….”
Subjects and Information Covered
Some of the subjects covered for elderly care in the following and
future pages include; how to choose the right housing (in home care,
independent living, assisted living and nursing home care), anger and
resentment, time management (yes, there is such a thing ), communication
with parents and siblings, health care, nutrition, exercise, daily
care, easy crafts/brain games, individual or group activities, and
Medicare Medicaid, are just some of the areas we look into.
Please see the links to the right or below for the pages of interest.
Caregiver Forum and Blog Information
We welcome your visit and would love to hear how we can make this
site better for you, the caregiver.
On our Caregiver Forums and "What's New" pages (top right corner) that
have a listing of blogs, please read about others that are having the
same type of experiences and leave a comment about what you are experiencing or leave a question for other
caregivers to answer.
Additionally, our "Contact Us" form is
intended to make this site better so please help us and make suggestions
as to how we can improve.
- Elderly Parents Elder Care Information
- Elderly Parents Elder Care Blog will discuss subjects including Nutrition, Exercise, In Home Care, Safety in the Home, Activities, What to Look for in Hiring Help for Mom and Dad.
- Caregiver Forums for Discussing Care of Elderly Parents
- Our Caregiver Forums offer a place to discuss caring for elderly parents with other caregivers. Participate in discussions on elderly activities, anger and resentment, housing, and more.
- Caregiver Products for Elderly Parents
- Caregiver products geared toward those providing care to elderly parents. Get info and shop for health and safety products and items to improve quality of life for those in your care.
- Hearing Aids and Medicare - What You Need to Know
- Millions of seniors need hearing aids and Medicare may or may not cover their needs. Learn about what is covered and what to ask your doctor to ensure your senior parents enjoy adequate hearing.
- Medical Alert Products - The Basics of these Life Saving Personal Alarm Systems
- Medical alert products take much of the worry out of leaving an elderly parent alone. Learn more about what each of these personal alarm systems has to offer here.
- Stair Lifts for the Elderly
- What to look for in stair lifts for the elderly when your parents begin having trouble making their way to the upper and lower floors of their residence.
- Elderly Chair Lift Guide
- Elderly chair lift Information and recommendations. Help for seniors to get into or out of chairs more easily.
- Electric Mobility Scooter Basics
- Electric mobility scooter information and recommendations. Provide the seniors in your care with easier mobility.
- Medical Scooter - What You Need to Know
- How a medical scooter or disability scooter improves quality of life for seniors with mobility, strength or physical handicaps.
- Walk in Tub Guide
- Provide added bathing safety and security for elderly parents with a walk in tub. Effective for both standing and sitting.
- Diabetes Medicare Coverage for Diabetic Supplies
- What you need to know about diabetes Medicare coverage. If your elderly parent has been diagnosed you'll want to learn what diabetic supplies are and are not covered.
- Choosing Reading Glasses
- Tips and recommendations for choosing reading glasses when struggles with reading begin to present themselves in your aging parents.
- Home Health Supplies for Elderly Care
- Home health supplies necessary for the proper care of the elderly in the home, ranging from incontinence products to diabetic supplies.
- Adult Incontinence Diapers for Elderly Home Care
- Information and recommendations on adult incontinence diapers to help you make educated decisions on home care comfort for aging parents.
- Senior Health Care Insurance - What Type Do Your Aging Parents Need?
- Guide to finding and choosing the right type of senior health care insurance for elderly parents.
- Senior Driver Car Insurance Guide
- Tips to ensure your aging parents get the best and most affordable senior driver car insurance. Also, information on how to recognize if elderly drivers are still able to safely operate a vehicle.
- Seniors Reverse Mortgage Guide
- 5 things you should know before signing a seniors reverse mortgage. LEarn about how it works and whether it's the right choice for your needs.
- Advance Directive Guide to Documenting Health Care Wishes of Aging Parents
- What is an advance directive, how to prepare it, and why you should define the health care wishes of your elderly parents in a written document.
- Elderly Fall Prevention Tips for Caregivers
- Protect your aging parents with these elderly fall prevention recommendations.Be proactive and remove potential hazards.
- Nutrition for Elderly Parents
- Good nutrition for elderly parents contributes to a longer life span and a higher quality of life. Learn how to remove risks and improve the health of the aging with a healthy diet.
- Meal Delivery Programs for Seniors
- Meal delivery programs for seniors living independently at home and either lacking the desire to cook balanced meals, the funds to do so or a means of transportation to the grocery store.
- Elderly Parents Activities
- Elderly Parents Activities to keep mind and body active are key to a healthy lifestyle. From elderly exercise to craft ideas to mind exercises and games can be beneficial.
- Brain Games - Finding the Right Game for Mom
- Brain games engage the brain. Any time the brain is thinking, it's receiving signals between brain cells that develop instructions that cause a person to respond.
- In Home Care - What to Look for
- In Home Care children of elderly parents or designated caregivers of elderly family members need to carefully assess in homecare options when help is needed in the care of a loved one.
- Home Health Care - The Basics
- Home Health Care - There may come a time When you Need a Little extra help Taking Care of your Elderly Parent at Home. Sometimes, it's a Matter of Taking a Break or Getting a little Extra
- Housing and Elderly Parents
- Options in Housing and Elderly Parents - What to Think About Before Talking to Your Elderly Parents about Housing Options Including In Home Care, Independent, Assisted Living, and Nursing Home Care.
- Elderly Parents Housing - What to Look for in Long Term Care Options
- It's not easy to make a decision to move your elderly parents out of his or her home, into a long term care facility, but being informed and knowing the difference between options can help to relieve
- Elderly Parents Services - Where to go for Help.
- Elderly Parents Services - Where to go for help as Caregiving is a non-stop job, that requires physical and emotional strength
- Railroad Medicare - Understanding the Basics
- Railroad Medicare is the name given to individuals receiving benefits from the Railroad Retirement Board or RRB whose benefits are designed for railroad workers and families under Railroad Retirement
- Elder Care Services - Options to Consider
- Elder Care Services - Caring for an Elderly Parent involves careful Planning, Time Management, Compassion and Patience. In most cases, Primary Caregivers need help from other family members or friends
- Elderly Parents Communication is Vital for Caregivers
- Communication for Siblings with Elderly Parents is Vital
- Senior Activities - Games
- Senior Activities - No matter where your senior lives; nursing homes, assisted living facilities, independently living at home or with adult children and their families, seniors need to stay active.
- Stress in Elderly Parents and Caregivers
- Stress in Elderly Parents and Caregivers can have many sources
- Caregivers of Elderly Parents - Dealing with Anger and Resentment
- Caregivers of Elderly Parents naturally feel anger and resentment towards siblings and parents when in the elder care role.
- Elderly Parents Basic on Medicare and Medicaid
- Confused about Medicare and Medicaid for your Elderly Parents? Most Children are Confused with the Array of Choices and Decisions.
- Medicare B - Undertanding What the Program Is
- Medicare B helps Pay for, at its Most Basic Definition, Physician-Based and other Medical services.
- Medicare Part D - Understanding the Program
- Medicare Part D was developed as part of the Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement and Modernization Act of 2003, going into effect in January of 2006.
- Medicare Advantage Plans - A Discussion
- Medicare Advantage Plans are also called Medicare Part C. This plan includes both Part A, which offers hospitalization Insurance, and Part B, which includes Medical Insurance.
- Aging Agency and Elderly Services: What They Do and How They Can Help.
- Aging Agency and Elderly Services information regarding services and resources is vital to any caregiver, especially those taking care of aging parents or family members.
- Site Map
- Site map for boomers-with-elderly-parents.com
- Contact Us
- Contact Us, We Would Love to Hear From You!
- Approved Affiliate and Advertsing Policy